About Lake Monticello
Lake Monticello at a Glance:
Lake Monticello is a Gated Country Club Lake & Golf Community featuring over 3500-acres accentuated by a magnificently beautiful 352-acre recreational Lake and 18-hole PGA Championship Golf course. With over 22 miles of lake shoreline, residents & their guests may enjoy sailing, skiing, water tubing, fishing, and swimming , in addition to championship golf, clubhouse dining & activities, tennis, swimming at the Community’s private pool complex, boat marina, enjoying playgrounds & playing fields, walking the community track, or spending an afternoon in one of the many picnic areas.
Lake Monticello Community:
3500-acre Gated Country Club community just 16 miles SE of historic Charlottesville, Virginia, home to the University of Virginia and world-renowned University of VA Medical Center. The Community features 4200+ homes with full-service amenities located on the Gated Community’s perimeter such as: wonderfully delicious locally-owned restaurants – homecooking – deli – buffets – exclusive day spa – dry cleaner – tanning – hair salons – dentists – optometrists – daycares – pet store – bike shop – video stores – aerobic studio – physicians from both UVA Medical Center & Martha Jefferson Hospital – pharmacies(including a CVS) – groceries – 3 fitness centers which include an indoor swimming pool and dry sauna – acupuncture massage & reflexology healing center. Residents of Lake Monticello also enjoy Comcast Cable & Comcast High Speed Internet and Century-Link DSL Broadband for computer services. Satellite Dishes (18”) are permitted in the community and homeowners experience the convenience of public water and sewer & curb-side trash pickup.
Clubhouse dining is available throughout the week, along with casual dining at the Eagle’s Nest Golf Pro Cafe and pool-side snack bar.
A boat launch is available at the Marina, and any property owner may bring a boat to the Lake. Boat Slips are available on an annual fee basis, and are located at the Marina and at Beach 3. Jet Skis are not permitted at Lake Monticello, and the maximum speed on the Lake is 35 MPH.
Residents at Lake Monticello:
85-90% of residents live in the Lake Monticello community year-round – with the remainder owning second homes in the Community
Take A Driving Tour of Lake Monticello
- 352-acre Private Lake (Lake Monticello) fed by more than 200 freshwater natural springs – approx. 2 1/2 Miles From End To End – Perfect for Boating-Skiing-Tubing-Canoeing-Kayaking-Sailing-Fishing-Swimming-And Watching Daily Sunsets Over The Water
- Full-service marina & boat launch, slip rentals, docks, gasoline
- 5 Sandy Beaches with roped swimming areas & fishing docks
- Picnic & Barbeque Facilities at each Beach
- Additional 35-acre stocked Fishing Pond (Tufton Lake) with Picnic Area and Benches – The perfect place to canoe-kayak-paddleboat-fish-feed the ducks!
- Lake Monticello Golf Course is known as a “shot maker’s golf course,” one that requires accuracy and shot placement. Fairways are tight and bunkers strategically placed. The Faulconer Invitational is played here each year, and the Virginia Open located here several years.
- 18-Hole PGA championship golf course & driving range
- Golf Pro Shop & snack bar & PGA Golf Professional
- Swimming pool complex w/snack bar
- Swim lessons
- Competitive championship swim team
- Private clubhouse offering formal and casual dining
- Private event rooms
- Daily activities; i.e. dance lessons, bridge clubs, computer groups, book clubs, aerobic classes, painting classes, card groups, quilting group, investment clubs, newcomer groups, hobby groups, cooking classes, committee meetings, sports groups, and more
- Waterfront, Golf course & neighborhood homes $180,000-$700,000+
- Speculative & custom homes
- 3800 homes currently
- Homesites ranging in size from quarter-acre to 1-acre lots
- Lake Monticello offers boating, skiing, fishing, and swimming; plus 5 sandy beaches for year-round water fun!
- Tufton Lake – a smaller 35-acre fishing pond is also located inside the Community – the perfect place to feed the ducks, fish, paddle a canoe, or picnic
- Equipped Playgrounds
- Soccer/Softball/Hockey Fields
- Lighted Tennis & Basketball Courts
- Paved Walking Trail
- Average Temperatures – January – 37.5 F; July 77.9 F
- Community closed circuit informational television channel gives residents minute-by-minute info on Community Activities
- Community activities & holiday events
- Clubs – including Computer, Finance, Quilting, Crafts, Video, Fishing, Swimming, Gardening, Walking, Scrapbooking, Canoeing, Choral, and Theatical Groups
- Card groups
- Fitness Classes – Dance Classes
- Family entertainment and holiday specials planned for all ages, including a magnificent 4th of July picnic and fireworks over the Lake
- High Speed Internet Available – DSL and Comcast Cable
- The median age in Lake Monticello is 40.1. The US median is 37.6
- Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Lake Monticello, VA is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Lake Monticello, VA is more expensive.Overall, Lake Monticello, VA cost of living is 96.20.
- Weekly Trash & Recycling Pick-up – Fee Included in Annual Dues
- Main gatehouse entrance manned 24-hours per day
- 5 additional gate entrances accessible by residents only
- Guest registration
- Lake Monticello police force
- Lake Monticello fire and rescue department
General Costs & Fees:
Lake Monticello Owners Association dues are $971.88* per year. ($150 covers weekly curb trash and recyclables pick up)
Fluvanna County Real Estate Taxes: $.917/ $100
- Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson: 10 miles
- Ash-Lawn Highland, home of James Monroe: 10 miles
- Montpellier, home of James & Dolley Madison: 29 miles
- Keswick Hall, an Orient Express Resort: 11 miles
- Michie Tavern & Museum: 12 miles
- Boar’s Head Inn: Internationally Acclaimed Resort & Spa: 22 miles
- Charlottesville’s Historic Downtown Mall & Farmer’s Market: 22 miles
- University of Virginia & University of Virginia Medical Center: 23 miles
- JPJ Event Venue – Bringing Top Entertainment-Plays-Lecturers to Charlottesville: 19 miles
- Wintergreen Ski Resort: 55 miles
- Richmond Shopping & Virginia Museum of Fine Arts: 55 miles
- Virginia Beach: 3 hrs.
- Colonial Williamsburg: 2 hrs.
- Historic Rivanna River: less than 1 mile
- James & Hardware Rivers: less than 1/2 hr. away
- Heritage Trail – Hiking Trail: 5 miles
- James River Reeling and Rafting: 1/2 hr. away
- Historic Scottsville: 1/2 hr. away
- Charlottesville Ice Park – Ice Skating – Hockey – Classes: 18 miles
- Blue Ridge Parkway – Skyline Drive: less than 1 hr.
Lake Monticello Owner’s Association Website:
The site contains information about the Lake Monticello community and the Association for current property owners, as well as guests and potential property owners. See: lmoa.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT LAKE MONTICELLO — OR TO SCHEDULE A TOUR, PLEASE CALL PATSY STRONG – KARI ROTHAMEL – DANIEL ROTHAMEL —- THE STRONG TEAM — AT: (434) 589-5800 OR EMAIL: . UPON YOUR ARRIVAL, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A FULL PACKET OF INFORMATION ABOUT LAKE MONTICELLO AND THE SURROUNDING CHARLOTTESVILLE AREA!
*This information believed to be accurate, however not guaranteed.